It’s Your Journey. We Can Help You Along The Way.
At Helping LDS Families, we see ourselves as a guide in your journey toward physical, mental, emotional and spiritual health and well-being.
You can learn more about our approach here.
When you think about what your depression, anxiety, PTSD, ADHD, marriage problems, faith crisis, or confusion during life transition are costing you, you are wise to invest in a comprehensive solution.
These issues make you less effective at work and school. They create significant mental and emotional suffering every day. They can leave you feeling lost and confused.
What is it worth to be free of those negative consequences and feelings and to start creating the life that you dream of?
A car is typically an investment that gets you from here to there. Most people spend $20,000 to $50,000+ to buy the car, plus $500+ per month for insurance, car payment, gas and maintenance.
An investment in your physical, mental, emotional and spiritual health can also help you get from where you are now to where you want to be. But, with much more meaningful and long-term benefits.
Depending on your goals, we have multiple options for you to choose from.
Medication Management – Local and Virtual (California residents only)
If you are already seeing a therapist, but feel that medication could be a helpful addition to your solution, we would be happy to help you.
Medication management visits can take place either at our office located at:
6200 E Canyon Rim Rd, Ste 211
Anaheim, CA 92807
Or via the internet using a secure, private, HIPAA-compliant, easy-to-use program called doxy.me. Just copy and paste the link we’ll send you into your computer or phone.
As a medication management client, we can help you by:
- Reviewing your medical and psychiatric history
- Performing blood tests to look for any potential medical causes of your symptoms
- Working with you to choose the best medication
- Following up to make sure the medication is working
Once you are on a stable dose of the medication, some clients prefer to have their primary care doctor fill their prescription, which is fine by us.
If you prefer that we continue to see you for medication management, of course we are happy to do that as well.
We are not able to help clients with the following diagnoses:
- Bipolar disorder
- Other psychotic illnesses (hallucinations)
- Alcohol or drug addiction
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
It is also important to note that medication alone will not likely “fix all your problems.” People are most successful when they address all aspects of their life, body, mind, heart and spirit, and optimize each of them. See more about our approach here.
Medication Management Packages
Medication management can be an important element of optimizing your body.
Your brain chemistry, due to genetic, environmental, and even thought and behavior patterns, may need to be optimized to reach your goals.
If you already feel optimized in terms of your sleep, diet, and exercise and are seeing a therapist to work on your thoughts, a medication management package may be the best fit for you.
At Helping LDS Families, we like to align our goals with yours.
Our medication management clients fall into three main categories:
- Clients that want to get on the best medication (or medications), then have those filled by a primary care doctor
- Clients that want to continue to receive their medications, monitoring of progress, and adjustment of medications as needed from Dr. Mike Frazier or other prescribers at Helping LDS Families
- Clients that want medication management as part of a more comprehensive package for optimizing their body, mind, heart and spirit
Each of these packages includes:
- Initial Consultation and Evaluation
- Physician review of all records, forms, lab work and history that you will submit prior to appointment
- Ordering of lab work to look for potential medical causes for your symptoms, including vitamin deficiencies (physical illnesses often can look like depression, anxiety and other psychiatric symptoms)
- Review of your diet, exercise and sleep patterns
- Determining your goals, choosing a medication, and providing tools to help you
- Review medication side effects and efficacy, review any new lab results
- Review progress toward treatment goals, provide tools to help you reach your goals
Evaluations can take place at our office, virtually using encrypted software for your privacy, or at your home.
For our more comprehensive packages, you will receive significantly more evaluation of your diet and exercise routines, along with personalized and customized plans for you.
You will also receive a comprehensive evaluation of your sleep patterns, track your sleep on an evidenced-based application on your smartphone, and receive a customized sleep schedule with regular follow ups.
Once you are on medication that is appropriately meeting your goals, you can then have your medications filled by a primary care provider, continue to see us to track your progress and adjust medications as needed, or continue to work with us in a more comprehensive way to address all aspects of you as a person: body, mind, heart and spirit.
We do not take any insurance, but will provide receipts for services (superbills) when requested which can be submitted for potential out-of-network benefit reimbursement.
We will collect and securely store your credit card information for payment for services.
Contact us for your free 10 minute consult and let’s start reaching your goals
Therapy and Coaching (Customized Packages) – Local and Virtual
At Helping LDS Families, we believe that people get the best results when they work towards a solution to their issues using a comprehensive approach: body, mind, heart and spirit.
Therapy and coaching allow us to address more than just the potential chemical contributors to your problems through medication.
If we determine together that medication will be part of your plan, research has shown that combining therapy/coaching and medications is best for depression and anxiety.
How do therapy and coaching work?
Some people don’t like the idea of therapy because it seems like “just talking about your feelings” or “renting a friend.”
At Helping LDS Families, we take a different approach to therapy and coaching.
We work with you to determine a specific outcome that you are working towards, then create a package of sessions to help you reach that specific goal.
We like to organize these coaching packages into optimization of your body, mind, heart and spirit.
If you facing:
- A faith crisis
- Pre- or Post-mission transitions
- Pending or recent marriage or divorce
- Having children
- Children leaving the home
- Career transitions
- Job dissatisfaction
We would love to help you navigate these situations.
At their core, these are issues about identity.
The main task here is to determine your core values, and align your life with those values.
Along the way, you’ll also need to learn to have patience with yourself and love for yourself.
This is some of the most important work that you can do, and some of the most rich and rewarding.
You want to feel at peace with your beliefs and life direction.
We can help you get there.
What is your current emotion?
Many people can’t answer this simple question.
Unfortunately, we often don’t learn to notice and name our own emotions.
This leads to avoiding our emotions, which usually means they end up coming out in other ways (being mad at your spouse, child or friend when really you feel hurt by them, for example).
You might also complain of:
- Feeling anxious but not knowing why
- Being mad but not knowing why
- Feeling like you can’t control your emotions
- Feeling overwhelmed by emotion
- Having low self-esteem
We first want to develop some core emotional skills:
- The ability to feel your emotions. What does anger feel like in your body? Sadness? Where do you feel it in your body? What sensation is it? Does it move anywhere?
- The ability to name your emotions (I feel sad)
- The ability to communicate your emotions (I felt sad when you said you didn’t like my pants)
- The ability to soothe yourself and calm yourself
- Deeply feeling and knowing your own worth
The ability to do these five things gives us significant freedom.
If we are often feeling anxious, for example, instead of trying to “fight away the anxiety,” we can tune into our bodies, feel it, name it, communicate it, and use skills to clam ourselves.
When we do this, it’s like “letting off steam.” We avoid “explosions” of emotion and also feel more grounded and integrated.
We also stop trying to make other people responsible for the way we feel or act. We stop saying things like “he made me mad” or “she made me yell.”
When we feel our own worth, we also stop trying to get that worth from others, which is the source of many relationship problems.
Relationship and Sexual Optimization
The second part of “heart” optimization is optimizing relationships.
This is really a big step up in personal development. In all relationships, but especially in marriage, you will learn where you need to develop your emotional and social skills.
Relationship problems often include:
- Feeling unappreciated
- Feeling like a doormat
- Feeling like a bad parent
- Feeling judged
- Feeling out of place
- Feeling unsatisfied with your sex life
The skills you will need to overcome these challenges are the same as those for emotional optimization, but also include:
- Staying true to yourself even when pressured by your spouse or others
- Calming yourself even when your spouse or others are not calm
- Creating and maintaining appropriate boundaries
- Respecting and loving yourself and respecting and loving others exactly the same amount. Not more and not less.
- Seeking first to understand your spouse or others, then seeking to be understood
Surprisingly, these are the same skills that will lead to an intense and satisfying sex life.
Relationships are the ultimate self-improvement course!
If you are struggling in your marriage or other relationships, an emotional, social or sexual optimization package may be your best fit.
Optimizing your physical health creates extreme benefits that reach across all dimensions of you as a person.
If you are looking to:
- Stop feeling tired when you wake up
- Stop spending your nights tossing and turning
- Wake up energized
- Feel more energy through the day, instead of drained
- Find a diet that leaves you energized instead of starving or exhausted
- Find an exercise routine that you enjoy instead of dread
- Get to an ideal weight
A physical optimization coaching package may be best for you.
We can help you create patterns of sleep, diet and exercise that match your interest, personality and schedule. When it seems like more fun than work, it’s much easier to keep these patterns going.
If you are wanting to optimize your diet, we work with a registered dietician to help you create your diet plan. That plan may also include essential oils as part of your body optimization.
For California residents, we’ll also look for any vitamin deficiencies through blood work and recommend supplements to correct those.
We know these changes can be hard. We help you push through the times when it’s hard to stick to your plans with regular check-ins.
Physical optimization is extremely helpful for anxiety, depression, ADHD, PTSD and even relationship and life crisis problems. When your body works well, your mind, heart and spirit work better too.
Our thoughts are what create our world. When we feel like our thoughts are out of control, our lives feel out of control.
When we can actively choose our thoughts, we gain control of our lives and experience.
If you want to:
- Stop spending so much time worrying
- Get rid of nagging thoughts of low self worth
- Stop feeling like a failure as a parent or spouse
- Stop feeling like you have to look, feel, or be perfect
- Stop being overcome by your fears
- Feel like you have clear goals and directions for your life
A mental optimization package may be your best fit.
We use proven models from cognitive behavioral therapy and other therapies, as well as coaching strategies, to help you:
- Notice your thoughts
- Evaluate their usefulness to you
- Choose thoughts that will create the results you want in your life
Since your thoughts create your reality, mental optimization is also key to increasing your productivity and reaching your goals.
Again, we are not an in-network provider for any insurance company. We do provide receipts for services (superbills) when requested which can be submitted for potential out-of-network benefit reimbursement. This would be under the “therapy” benefits of your insurance plan. If you do request this, we will send you superbills per session, which may be reimbursable by your insurance company. This is for therapy with Dr. Mike Frazier only and only for California residents. Other coaching would not be reimbursable. Payment for services is required at the time of service, and you are responsible for collecting reimbursement from your insurance company.
Please also note that for clients living outside of California, work with Helping LDS Families across state lines will fall under the umbrella of “coaching” until further licensing regulation has been established. Coaching sessions (and generally all out of state therapy services) are not reimbursed by insurance companies.
48 hours notice is required. Otherwise, client is responsible for the full cost of the missed appointment.